|Oak Leaf Studio How to: Dried Flowers|
It is readily avaiable from your local craft store.
You can save 5 days in drying time by using
1. Take a plastic box about the size of a shoebox and put an inch of silica in the bottom.
2. GENTLY place the roses (5 to 8 depending on size) in the silica for support.
3. GENTLY sprinkle the silica over the
roses until covered.
4. Tap box to settle silica and top up as needed.
5. Place in microwave for 2 min. on high. ( if silica is cold )
6. Leave overnight to cool and finish
the drying process.
7. Remove flowers from silica gently tapping rose to remove any residue.
8. Any flowers can be dried in this way, but just use one layer in the microwave.
b. When using silica often at the same session, remember it remains hot. Microwave times should be cut down to accomadate this. EXPERIMENT.
c. Some darker blooms are not
suitable as they turn black. Try and choose a lighter
Please email us with any
questions or comments
© Oak Leaf Studio 2009
All images are the property of
Oak Leaf Studio and their clients.
They should not be reproduced without permission in any way.
These pages contain many graphics.We have kept the pages small to enable fast transfer.